Monday, November 15, 2010

Zucchini "Crab" Cakes

This recipe sounded so yummy I had to try it, especially since I love crab. Some people commented that these would fool you into thinking they were crab cakes, even though there is not a bit of crab called for in the recipe. Well after increasing the seafood seasoning almost by double, I certainly don't know what people are talking about when they say that it tastes like a crab cake. Now were they good? Oh yes! Even Kian loved them. I was disappointed that they didn't taste like crab cakes but they were still delicious! 

The recipe made a lot and I refrigerated what we didn't eat. They were still yummy the next day, just not crispy. I did warm them in the microwave though. Maybe if I tried the oven or a toaster oven, they would crisp up some. I will definitely be making these again!
Zucchini "Crab" Cakes

Time: 10 min prep, 15 min cook
Makes: 6-8 palm sized patties
From: allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons chopped onion (I doubled this amount)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning ( I increased almost double, to taste)
1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (I used Panko bread crumbs instead)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions:
In a bowl, combine the zucchini, bread crumbs, egg, onion, butter, mustard and seafood seasoning; mix well. Shape into patties. Dip in cracker crumbs. Heat oil in a large skillet; fry patties for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment