Sunday, January 10, 2010

Beach Street Lemon Chicken Linguini


Beach Street Lemon Chicken Linguini

From My Kitchen Cafe

**This recipe requires marinating the chicken for 3-12 hours so plan ahead!**

Ingredients:

1 lb. linguine
2 tablespoons olive oil
Zest from one lemon
Juice from one lemon
3 green onions, chopped (white and green parts)
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Ingredients for Marinade:
½ cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (cut this down to 1/2 tablespoon if you want less heat but don't omit entirely or you will lose great flavor)
Juice of one lemon
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 chicken breasts, sliced

Directions:
Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl and whisk lightly before pouring into a ziploc plastic bag. Pat chicken dry and toss in marinade to coat. Refrigerate 3-12 hours.

When ready to cook, preheat skillet over medium heat and pour contents of plastic bag (both marinade and chicken) into the skillet. Saute over medium-high heat until chicken is cooked.

Combine juice of one lemon, lemon zest, olive oil, green onions and fresh parsley together in a small bowl. Set aside.

While the chicken is sauteing, cook linguine in boiling salted water until done; drain and return to warm pot. Pour lemon juice/olive oil/green onion mixture over pasta and mix lightly. When chicken is finished cooking, add hot pasta mixture to the skillet with the chicken and toss well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and toss in parmesan cheese. Serve warm.



Notes: I use about 3/4 cup of olive oil for the marinade and I do not use any olive oil when cooking it. The first time I made it I used the full amounts of olive oil listed in the recipe and I thought it was too greasy. So cut back on the olive oil if you want. I also have used 1/2 tbsp of seafood seasoning and 1/2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning and I think that cut down on the spice and added great flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment