Monday, January 9, 2012

Kaytucky Chicken

Puff pastry, bacon, cream cheese, how could you not go wrong? This is amazing! The first time I made it I had huge chicken breasts and ended up using two pastry wraps to cover the chicken breasts and they ended up being cut n half for a serving and the mixture wasn't all the way to the edges and I found myself wanting more cream cheese mixture. The second time I made them I used smaller chicken breasts and heaped in more stuffing. They were so much better! Super easy and quick. Great when paired with a salad and/or some fruit! 


Kaytucky Chicken
From: Kayotic Kitchen
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (small)
4 frozen puff pastry sheets, defrosted
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 lb bacon, cooked, and crumbled
4 Tbsp flat-leaf parsley
2-3 green onions including green part
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 

Mix cream cheese, bacon, parsley, onions, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until well mixed. 

Take chicken breasts and make a slot down the middle of the breast. Then cut into the chicken breast on either side on the inside of the slot to make it look like a butterfly. 

Heap a good amount of the cream cheese mixture onto the center of the chicken breasts and take flaps of chicken and close over the mixture to form a pocket. Place on one sheet of puff pastry and wrap closed like a little package. 

Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked and juices are clear.  Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment