Monday, January 9, 2012

No-Bake Energy Bites

I wasn't so sure about these at first because of the coconut and flax seeds. After getting organic shredded coconut and flax seeds from the health food store I went home and had Kian help me mix these up. After getting them rolled into balls, which isn't the easiest or cleanest thing I popped one in my mouth and it was an instant addiction! These are so delicious! The shredded coconut from Whole Foods was a must and certainly helped because it was smaller shreds and not as chewy than what you get in a regular grocery store. The flax seeds add a great crunch too as well as some great nutritional value! 


No-Bake Energy Bites
From: Smashed Peas and Carrots
Makes: About 15-20 balls

Ingredients:
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy! Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

I dare you to eat just one!

No comments:

Post a Comment