Monday, March 15, 2010

Cowboy Caviar

I love love this dip. I just can not stay away from it when ever it is served. It is addicting and I can even eat it as a salad I love it so much. This is one of those recipes where you open a bunch of cans and dump it into a bowl, do a little chopping, mix a dressing and viola! It is great for a group of people and it is said that eating black eyed peas on New Years Day will bring you prosperity. But anytime during the year is good for this dip!
Cowboy Caviar

Total: 15 min
Servings: medium group 

Ingredients:
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can black-eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
1 can corn
2 (15 oz.) cans plain diced tomatoes (drained)
1 bunch green onions (chopped)
1 bunch cilantro (chopped)
1 pkg. Italian style dressing (mixed to packet instruction)
2 avocados (chopped-wait to put in just before serving)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and serve with tortilla chips.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see this receipe on your blog. When I lived with my aunt she made it all the time and I loved it but have never found a receipe that was close to it. I think yours is it!

    ReplyDelete